Katie Bentley Cellular Adaptive Behavior Lab (CAB LAB), Uppsala Univeristy, Sweden, will offer a seminar entitled "The Temporal Basis of Angiogenesis" and will visit the m4lab on 16-18.
A.M. Kannan, Professor, The Polytechnic School
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering,
Arizona State University, USA, will visit the m4lab on 26-29
Jennifer Schaefer Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Notre Dame, USA, will visit the m4lab on Friday, Sept. 7
- Valentina Damioli will defend her thesis on "A mechano-biological model of the coupling between cellular contractility and VEGFR2/VEGF interactions." on July 16.
Mattia Bacca Mechanical Engineering Department, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, will offer a seminar entitled "A model for the contraction of polymer gels created by the activity of molecular motors" .
Alberto Salvadori is visiting the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology sponsored by the HPC-Europa3 Transnational Access programme.
Loes Buijze TNO Utrecth, offers a seminar entitled "Seismic events induced by gas reservoir production: how do they start, and
what controls their size?"
Milan Jirasek Department of Mechanics
Faculty of Civil Engineering
Czech Technical University in Prague, offers a seminar entitled "Regularized Models for Softening Materials"
Alberto Salvadori was MTS Visiting Professor of Geomechanics in the Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geo-Engineering, University of Minnesota at Minneapolis.
Alberto Salvadori visited Prof. R. McMeeking at the University of California at Santa Barbara.
Marco Magri defended his thesis on "A theory for the analysis of electro-chemo-mechanical systems and its application to Li-ion batteries"
on March 26. Great job Marco, congrats!
The thesis is available for download here
John Berger Professor and Department Head
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO, USA, will visit m4lab for scientific cooperation.
Stefano Passerini Helmholtz Institute Ulm, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Ulm, Germany, and Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Power Sources, offered a seminar entitled "Towards sustainable batteries."
Alberto offered a seminar entitled "Modeling transport reaction-mechanics with trapping." at the University of Trento
- Pictures at http://erc-instabilities.unitn.it/material.php
The International Summer School "Mechanics for the green economy: Modeling and High Performance Computing in
multi-scale and multi-physics processes." was held in Brescia and in Trento, 19-25 July 2017.
Faced as we are with global environmental deterioration, policies to promote cleaner, less polluting technologies must be advocated. This economical-technological-normative framework, named "green economy", poses novel challenges to the scientific community, in industry as well as in academia. This summer school highlighted the important role that the mechanics can have in it. What a success!
More than 30 students registered from all over the world. Excellent lectures were offered by 6 professors internationally acknowledged, in cooperation with the Colorado State University (USA) and the University of Minnesota (USA). A generous sponsorship from the Universities of Brescia and Trento, through the specific fund for International summer schools, allowed bestowing 14 fellowships to non-Italian students.
- Alberto Salvadori is coordinating the International Summer School "Mechanics for the green economy: Modeling and High Performance Computing in multi-scale and multi-physics processes.", to be held in Brescia and in Trento, 19-25 July 2017, in sinergy with the international congress CERMODEL 2017 - Modelling and Simulation meet Innovation in Ceramics Technology July 26-28, 2017, Trento, Italy. http://events.unitn.it/en/cermodel2017
- More information at http://m4lab.unibs.it/flyer/index.html
- Schedule, lecturers, and participants at http://m4lab.unibs.it/schedule/index.html