The International Summer School "Mechanics for the green economy: Modeling and High Performance Computing in
multi-scale and multi-physics processes." was held in Brescia and in Trento, 19-25 July 2017.
Faced as we are with global environmental deterioration, policies to promote cleaner, less polluting technologies must be advocated. This economical-technological-normative framework, named "green economy", poses novel challenges to the scientific community, in industry as well as in academia. This summer school highlighted the important role that the mechanics can have in it. What a success!
More than 30 students registered from all over the world. Excellent lectures were offered by 6 professors internationally acknowledged, in cooperation with the Colorado State University (USA) and the University of Minnesota (USA). A generous sponsorship from the Universities of Brescia and Trento, through the specific fund for International summer schools, allowed bestowing 14 fellowships to non-Italian students.
- Alberto Salvadori is coordinating the International Summer School "Mechanics for the green economy: Modeling and High Performance Computing in multi-scale and multi-physics processes.", to be held in Brescia and in Trento, 19-25 July 2017, in sinergy with the international congress CERMODEL 2017 - Modelling and Simulation meet Innovation in Ceramics Technology July 26-28, 2017, Trento, Italy. http://events.unitn.it/en/cermodel2017
- More information at http://m4lab.unibs.it/flyer/index.html
- Schedule, lecturers, and participants at http://m4lab.unibs.it/schedule/index.html
- Lorenzo Bardella communicates that he is Editing a special issue to appear in the open access journal Materials (submission deadline 31 August 2017): "Syntactic Foams: Microstructural Characterisation and Effective Properties" http://www.mdpi.com/journal/materials/special_issues/syntactic_foams_microstructural_characterisation_effective
- 14 April 2016 - Prof. Samuel Forest, Centre des Materiaux di Mines ParisTech, will offer the seminar "The micromorphic approach to cracking in single crystals and phase field modeling of oxidation" at 11:00.
- The m4lab is happy to communicate that Prof. Leslie Banks-Sills will be visiting us again next May. Leslie, it is a pleasure and a honor to have you with us.
- The m4lab is happy to communicate that Davide Grazioli's Ph.D. thesis was awarded the title of best Italian Ph.D. thesis in the area of Mechanics of Solids in year 2015. Congratulations Davide and best wishes for your new endeavor at TU Delft!
17 Feb. 2016 - The m4lab congratulates F. Fantoni for his Ph.D. final exam:
"Fracture growth in brittle and embrittled materials: variational formulations and crack tracking algorithms"
17 Feb. 2016 - The m4lab congratulates O. Mattei for his Ph.D. final exam:
"On bounding the response of linear viscoelastic composites in the time domain: the variational approach and the analytic method"
17 Feb. 2016 - The m4lab welcomes the seminars:
"The emergence of folding and faulting in an elastic solid"
Prof. D. Bigoni
Universita` di Trento
"Coplanar and non-coplanar perturbations of 3D cracks, with applications to the prediction of crack front shapes in materials with heterogeneous fracture properties"
Prof. J.B. Leblond,
Universite' Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris
"Negative refraction in a laminate"
Prof. J.R. Willis,
University of Cambridge, UK
June/July 2015 - The m4lab organizes the Ph.D. course:
"Mechanics and multiphysics of materials" offered by A. Salvadori
30 June 2015 - The m4lab organizes the international Workshop:
"Advances in the mechanical modeling of materials and structures"
10 June 2015 - The m4lab welcomes the seminar:
"STATISTICAL ANALYSIS FOR INTERFACE FRACTURE AND DELAMINATION FAILURE OF COMPOSITES"
Prof. L. Banks-Sills
Dreszer Fracture Mechanics Laboratory, School of Mechanical Engineering, Tel Aviv University, Israel
20 Feb. 2015 - The m4lab congratulates D. Grazioli for his Ph.D. final exam:
"Multiscale and Multiphysics Modeling of Li-Ion Battery Cells"
20 Feb. 2015 - The m4lab welcomes the seminars:
"Elastica arm scale, torsional gun, and dripping of an elastic rod"
Prof. D. Bigoni
Universita` di Trento
"High-Performance Multiscale Modeling: Path Towards Microstructure-Statistics-Property Relations"
Prof. K. Matous
University of Notre Dame, USA
"A model for the interactions of cytoskeleton remodeling, contractile stresses and signaling"
Prof. R. Mc Meeking
UC Santa Barbara, USA and University of Aberdeen, UK
The seminar is sponsored by the Universita` degli studi di Brescia, fondi di ateneo per attivita` a carattere internazionale
16 Dec. 2014, 2:30 PM - The m4lab welcomes the seminar:
"Computational modeling of catalytic materials for energy and environmental applications",
CNR-IOM Istituto Officina dei Materiali, Centro DEMOCRITOS Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
SISSA - Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati Via Bonomea 265, Trieste, Italy
"Multiscale modeling of multiphysics processes in Li-ion battery cells"
6th International Workshop of Young Researchers on the Mechanics of Materials and Structures
October 22-24 2014 at SISSA - International School for Advanced Studies, Trieste, Italy
14 Oct. 2014, 2:30 PM - The m4lab welcomes the seminar:
"Multiscale modeling of multiphysics processes in Li-ion battery cells", D. Grazioli